03. Driver issue - Update EXAR Driver
Problem / Situation:
· For a 360° capture with 8 images: PackshotSpin turntable took one picture then continually spun. Customer had to force quit the software. Later, the camera took 8 pictures,
but the turntable never moved. (Customer was
using PackshotStudio Multi-Side on Windows 10).
Originally we thought it was an USB issue. The customer was using a 16ft USB cord on a laptop. But the second problem suggested more than that. Communication with the PackshotCreator device was the main issue. We suspected the PC board had a problem so we went to Device Manager.
We looked to see what driver was being run – Prolific or EXAR (note that Prolific driver does not work on Windows 8 or 10). We then found that the device was using the EXAR driver - XR21B1411 USB UART (COM3).
Note: If the driver is having a serious problem, then XR21B1411 USB UART (COM3) would have an “!” behind it.
Then we right clicked on the driver and selected "Properties". We noted
that the driver was Exar Version 1.8 from 2012. It was an old version so that could be the problem.
- Right click on the driver
- Select "Update driver"
- Download and install the latest driver
- Install and the issue will be solved.
Note: if you cannot simply “Update Driver” by right clicking on the driver, contact our e-support and we will downloaded the latest
driver and emailed you a copy in order for you to install.
03. Calibrate my turntable
In order to create great and smooth 360 or 3D animations, your turntable will have to be correctly calibrated. Generally, it is originally calibrated, but maybe you will have to do it by yourself. Here is the handling: ● Click on the main menu on ...
05. The software doesn't detect the PackshotCreator R3 turntable
This article is only for the PackshotCreator R3 systems. If you launch the software and you can't access to the 360 or 3D mode, your turntable is maybe not detected by the software. It happens sometimes: the turntable has moved from its original ...
13. PackshotCreator software crashes out during AutoMask
Problem: · Software is closing out while attempting to process the second shot of AutoMask. Check For: · User might be using a laptop with two video cards, intel and NVIDA or AMD. · Windows 10 reliability report shows hardware ...
19. Why do some antivirus software detect parts of PackshotCreator software as a trojan downloader / virus?
Situation: Yesterday a customer reported that they got a notice from their security software ‘Comodo’ regarding a trojan detection on the endpoint. Below file was detected as trojware.js.trojandownloader.agent.tdk@488561265 C:\Program ...
22. Cropping issue while shooting with AutoMask
Problem: You need to shoot your product on AutoMask mode with a specific crop frame ratio (for example 1:1 square). After setting up the crop, parts of your machine can be seen inside the crop frame. Then, when trying to adjust the AutoMask mask, the ...