Here we are, you are going to create your first 360 animation!
Let's process together!
First, place your product at the exact center of your turntable.
If you want to check if your product is perfectly centered, you can make a 360 lap and directly preview your product behavior by clicking on the turntable controls:
1. The settings
Focus Mode: choose MF
Mode: Choose M on the mode wheel of your camera
Aperture: choose a big number if you want your animation totally sharp
Shutter Speed: vary it depending on the light intensity you want to have on your product
Exposure: it always have to be on 0
ISO: it is better to choose a low value like 200 to have an excellent quality; you can however increase it until 800 if you need more light
White Balance: Auto to have the whitest white
If you already have saved a profile, you can use it by clicking on Load.
Spin range: choose 360 if you want your animation to make a full lap; you can also choose to make a spin back at 90°
Number of images: for a web animation, we usually choose 12 or 24 images to have a soft animation for your website
Shooting mode: - choose continuous to shoot all your images in one time
- choose timelapse if you want to create an interactive animation
Device: your PackshotCreator hardware
Direction: the side you want your animation to turn : - clockwise: will turn to the left
- counterclockwise: will turn to the right
Speed: choose the speed of your turntable
2. CLICK SNAP!
Your animation is in creation... !
When the shooting is over, click on "HTML Preview" to see how looks like your animation.
If you are not entierly satisfied of the rendering of it, you can edit colors, the background, and a lot of other settings!
You've never been to the editing interface ? Let's check this article!
4. Saving and animation settings
After editing, you are ready to export your animation!
Just click on Next.
Here is your export interface:
You can export as many formats as you want.
Here we're going to export the animation in HTML5
format and the 24 views in JPG
format in low resolution for data base. (What are those formats ? Check here)
We are for this article particularily interested in the settings of the HTML5 format.
You have here a few quick settings like:
● the size of the animation: H for Height and W for Width)
● The quality: Q
● DPI: the resolution of the picture
You can find them by clicking on the wrench button and customize each one:
You can also customize your HTML profile and that's what we are going to do.
Click again on the wrench button:
You have in this window, 8 major settings to customize your animation. Each setting is previewable with the sneaker animation on the right. You can directly see the effect of the chosen setting.
1. Spin settings:
● Type: - Autoplay: the animation is always turning
- SpinOnce: the animation turns one time and stops
- SpinBack: the animation turn to the left and then to the right
- Stationary: the animation only turns with the mouse
● Direction: - Clockwise: turns to the left
- Counterclockwise: turns to the right
● Speed: Choose the time per image for your animation. For a 24 views animations, we're going to choose 0.2 seconds per frame
2. Interactive settings:
● Behavior: - Click and drag: click over the animation with your mouse to make it move
- Mouse over: fly over the animation with your mouse to make it move
● Axis: - Horizontal
● Mouse control: - Clockwise
> For this setting, always choose the same direction that you chose earlier in the Spin settings for the direction of your animation
3. Magnification settings:
● Type: - Magnifying glass
● Magnification: 1x, 2x or 3x. You have to decide how many times you want to zoom in your picture
Be careful, if you want to zoom 3 times in your picture, your picture has to be 3 times smaller than the original one
Example: You choose the 3x zoom. If you have an orginal picture with this size: 1200 x 1200, you will have to save it with this size: 400x400
● Column: you have to choose which view of your animation will be the first one
● Rotation hint: indicate or not to your visitor how to make turn the animation
● Animation loading style: - incremental: one per one
5. Display buttons:
You can choose to display or not those buttons and how you want them to behavior:
● Magnifier - Play/Pause - Full Screen : - No button
- Seperate buttons
6. Social media:
● Social settings: - No button
- Seperate buttons
● Custom link
7. Button style:
● Icon style: - Backplate
● Alignment: - Left
8. Button behavior:
● Auto hide
● Control hint
After setting all your preferences, you can save your profile to re-use it later, for the next animation, or in six moinths!
Just click on the floppy button just next to the profile name.
Here we are, you can click on the SAVE button and your animation is ready !